Re: [CQ-Contest] When is speed not speedy?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When is speed not speedy?
From: "Bob, W3IDT" <w3idt@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 17:14:14 -0400
Charlie, hs0zcw, is right: Slowing down to the caller's speed used to be standard; but now, *very* few ops will do so (maybe we should keep a list to make public). I even have a function key programmed with "qrs"... My second repeat request becomes "nr? qrs". That seems to have helped a little: almost everyone dropped the cut numbers, even if they didn't slow down much.

For 50+ years I have struggle with cw. Do S&P at 19 wpm. (I can, of course, verify a spotted call at a much higher speed.)

One hot shot (RBN said 41wpm) with multiple cut numbers in the 4 digit serial is getting a NIL: After my third (or fourth?) repeat request without proper response (slower / no cut numbers) I sent "tu and our serial"; after his "tu", I promptly hit DELETE.

A couple of stations simply ignored me. Fine with me. If you don't want to work me at 19wpm, ignore me. I'll call you twice, then move on.

Bob, w3idt

. Robert F. Teitel, W3IDT   .
. W3IDT@arrl.net            .
. W3IDT@comcast.net         .