[CQ-Contest] CQ Zone.

To: "hodgson@cytanet.com.cy" <hodgson@cytanet.com.cy>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Zone.
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 11:17:34 +0200
They want reduce the penalties for NIL and busted call's so that the novice
contester doesn't get deterred by a negative result after log checking.
They, and so do most of us, try to get more participants to join the fun.
I have checked the rules myself and this is what they say about the
contest exchange:

"III. CONTEST EXCHANGE: Phone: RS report plus zone (e.g., 5905). CW: RST
report plus zone (e.g., 59905)."

In paragraph I, the objective of the contest, the CQ zone is indeed
mentioned but as you can see, not in the paragraph III.

When I started contesting I had a tough time trying to figure out what all
these rules ment. The CQWW contest committee tries to make things as easy
as possible and I think that's great. Some people on this reflector keep
forgetting that the majority of the contest community are not native
English speakers. Fortunately the CQWW contest committee does realise this
and offer translations of their rules in many different languages.

I think Bob's suggestion is great. It very easy to, for instance, provide
the following link in the rules: http://www4.plala.or.jp/nomrax/CQ/
That would make life a lot easier for the "first time" participant.

Even for native speakers it sometimes proves to be difficult to read
English. Nowhere in Bob's post did he say that he didn't know what his CQ
zone was.

I shall say no more....

73, Maarten PD2R

Op zaterdag 1 juni 2013 schreef (hodgson@cytanet.com.cy <javascript:_e({},