Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots
From: Brett Graham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 15:44:21 +0000
S56A responded to PA3S:

I spent 36 hours on RBN carefully watching for errors after long debate with
ex-VR2BG. Wrong spots were just derivates of proper callsigns and I was
mentioned once as S56AE. I was bit upset only once toward the end of
contest when ours S50ARX spoted weak F5KEQ on 20 m with N5 preffix required
for mults

What PA3S observed had to do with how skimmers copy on-off keying under real-world conditions on shortwave.

That has nothing to do with what we had discussed - how skimmers report stations on frequencies - even bands - they are not on.

Interesting conclusion about wrong-band spots from S50ARX at http://www.qrz.com/db/HB9CVQ

73, ex-VR2BG/p.