Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW
From: Brett Graham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 03:43:11 +0000
Still laughing since reading this:

They will be "held accountable" when people are willing to name calls in these public complaints...

Being said about somebody firing up within a hundred cycles or so of NR4M's run frequency. Is this for real?

I remember that call suddenly appearing inside my receiver's passband once, CQing a tad bit off the frequency I had been running on for a while. Couldn't hear a single station that called me. Nor me. Frequency fights always start like that.

Although I do believe that sort of doesn't-seem-so-innocent push-&-shove on the bands pushes NR4M off his run frequency a lot less often than it did me & as much as I wish it didn't happen to anyone, it pales in comparison to:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2011-10/msg00210.html

The how-to using SH5 to massage B7P's 2007 CQWW CW entry has moved to:

http://www.hellocq.net/forum/read.php?tid=166667

Interesting contrast here:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2007-08/msg00204.html

As I also thought log-massaging would qualify as unsportsmanlike conduct. Instead, nothing happens until years later & all that was is to specifically mention in the rules that log-massaging is a no-no & moving the submission deadline forward a little.

Also, instead of penalties, I suggest a bonus for Bravoland entrants that cock anything up. It would go down really well with folks around here & you really do need to keep them sweet - the last thing anyone should want to do would be to do anything that drives any of them away from participating.

-ex-VR2BG/p.