Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW

To: CQ-contest list <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd@charter.net>, steve@nr4m.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX CW
From: Brett Graham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 13:43:10 +0000
After I made a presentation at last year's Asia-Pacific DX Convention on cheating in radiosport - where we looked in detail at every Q that was changed in B7P's 2007 CQWW CW log, as well as every time convicted self-spotter DK8ZB spotted himself from KP4KE in 2009 CQWW SSB (plus a look at what uniques in the logs of HQ stations in 2009 IARU were suggesting had anyone bothered to have looked at the time) - the silence from the audience I believe was from how stunned they were at learning what really goes on.

It showed on their faces. They were not impressed. Even some of the ones who don't contest were scowling.

No such visual suggestions to go on with the silence here.

-ex-VR2BG/p.

Still laughing since reading this:

They will be "held accountable" when people are willing to name calls in these public complaints...

Being said about somebody firing up within a hundred cycles or so of NR4M's run frequency. Is this for real?

I remember that call suddenly appearing inside my receiver's passband once, CQing a tad bit off the frequency I had been running on for a while. Couldn't hear a single station that called me. Nor me. Frequency fights always start like that.

Although I do believe that sort of doesn't-seem-so-innocent push-&-shove on the bands pushes NR4M off his run frequency a lot less often than it did me & as much as I wish it didn't happen to anyone, it pales in comparison to:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2011-10/msg00210.html

The how-to using SH5 to massage B7P's 2007 CQWW CW entry has moved to:

http://www.hellocq.net/forum/read.php?tid=166667

Interesting contrast here:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2007-08/msg00204.html

As I also thought log-massaging would qualify as unsportsmanlike conduct. Instead, nothing happens until years later & all that was is to specifically mention in the rules that log-massaging is a no-no & moving the submission deadline forward a little.

Also, instead of penalties, I suggest a bonus for Bravoland entrants that cock anything up. It would go down really well with folks around here & you really do need to keep them sweet - the last thing anyone should want to do would be to do anything that drives any of them away from participating.

-ex-VR2BG/p.