Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contesting - A Summary

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contesting - A Summary
From: "Hal Offutt" <hal@japancorporateresearch.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:47:36 -0400

Paul O'Kane asks:

So - what is our core activity?  Could it be anything
other than contesting using ham-radio RF as our sole
communications medium?

The word "sole" makes this a loaded question.  The answer is:

Our core activity is contesting using ham-radio RF between the participating stations. Since the use of the Internet to connect the operator to a station gives no operating advantage and allows operators who otherwise might not be able to get on the air to get on the air, it is permitted and encouraged.

End of story.

73, Hal W1NN

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>