Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rules for 2013 Announced

To: w3cf@verizon.net, ve5zx@hotmail.com, CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rules for 2013 Announced
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 18:33:07 -0400 (EDT)
I think the First 24 would be a drag for the USA West Coast, where you'd
still have to be home from work and ready to go by 4 pm local on  Friday (for
CW - 5 pm local daylight time for SSB).

If anything, the *Last* 24 sounds better - providing an influx of second
day fresh meat for the rest of us. (Though not so good in EU or Asia)

If desirable to have at least regional competition running  concurrently,
have a start time by zone, roughly from local sunrise  Saturday to sunrise
Sunday. That's the least stress on the body.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 7/1/2013 5:14:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,