Re: [CQ-Contest] How to be sure you have 60+ minutes off time

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to be sure you have 60+ minutes off time
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:21:14 -0400
Yeah, but why would a neophyte, dolt, lid like me think that two contacts, an hour apart in a log, would NOT beconsidered as being one hour apart? If I subtract 22 hours and 60 seconds from 22 hours and 60 seconds I get 1 hour.

But, as Isaid, I didn't operateanywhere near the maximum time permitted by the rules, so itdidn't really matter tome. But, perhaps the rules should make a note that "most logging software drops the seconds in the timestamp," and that log checkersactually require 61minutes between contacts instead of 60 minutes between contacts to be a valid "hour off."

Oh, well, I'm sorry I mentioned a comment whichcaused a few folks said "I shouldwatch what I say negativeabout N1MM software." The programmerswere only following the convention (which i think very strange) established by some rules committee.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time