Re: [CQ-Contest] How to be sure you have 60+ minutes off time

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to be sure you have 60+ minutes off time
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 16:31:25 -0700
K0HB said:
Rex,

However we have learned here that the robot doesn't tell time like ordinary
folks, so to be safe we must wait for 61 minutes of elapsed clock time
before the next contact.  I'm not saying that's good or bad, just that we
must be aware of it or the robot will not credit our time off.

73, Hans, K0HB

Hi Hans

It's like the time in the ARRL DX contets rules:
Contest Period: 48 hours each mode (separate contests).

Starts 0000 UTC Saturday; ends 2359 UTC Sunday.

If you make a contact at 23:59:25, does the robot reject it or does it
ignore the seconds and everything in the '59 minute counts?

Seems like they are saying that 0000 to 2359 is 48 hours and most guys are
operating past 2359, right up to 0400.  73

Tom W7WHY