[CQ-Contest] IARU HQ Callsigns

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HQ Callsigns
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 19:20:55 -0700
Saw this recently posted:

> The Radio Club Argentino LU4AA and the LUCG (LU Contest Group) put together
> a team for the upcoming IARU HF Championship next weekend and several
> stations will be giving out the RCA multiplier.
>
> Stations as follows - hosts in parenthesis - :
>
> 10 SSB: LR1D
> 10 CW LR2H
> 15 SSB LR0H
> 15 CW LR0F

This appears to conflict with the following rule for the IARU contest:

"4.3.3. Only one HQ station callsign per member society per frequency band is
permitted."

The rules can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-championship

I would interpret a "frequency band" as being all of 10 meters for example.

This is likely the case because of the way the multiplier rule is worded:

"Multipliers: The total number of ITU zones plus IARU member society HQ
stations worked on each band (not mode)."

In the case above - I am sure the intent of the rules would not have been
to count LR1D and LR2H as two multpliers in the contest.

Tree N6TR