Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:16:09 -0500 (CDT)
Ed,

I am not a lawyer... when I need one, I pick up the phone and speak to K3AIR.

So  I don't try to interpret the rules as some clearly do, looking for
exceptions.

To my reading, there is no ambiguity.  In short, no technological aides
(including but not limited to RBN) for a SO category participant.

If you wish to use such aides, and I'm not saying you shouldn't (just don't try
and force me to if I don't want to), then you are or should be entering as an
SO Assisted category participant.

Now, if you feel that the rule as written still isn't clear enough to define
this concept... how would you write it to do so?

Because obviously, we ALL want the rules to be clear, concise, and unambiguous.
 (Don't we?)  And we don't want someone to find a minor techniciality that they
would claim permits them to skirt the intent of this rule, and thus use RBN or
other technologies in violation of the spirit of the rule.  (Don't we?)

73, ron w3wn