Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt

To: john@kk9a.com, "Contest, CQ" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt
From: KB3LIX@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 19:59:12 +0000 (UTC)
I consider an acknowledgement to be a:

TU
OK
GL
Got it

Something along those lines. CERTAINLY nothing fancy,
just a reply that they got the exchange. Frankly, I do NOT want
them to repeat MY exchange, that wastes too much time, mine and theirs.

Many times I will try to ask IF they got the exchange, and most if not
all times they just keep slugging away.

Understand, I am not a biggie.
100w, a 4BTV & a homemade 130' doublet, so I do not
have a "big mouth" and when I ask for a confirmation, I am often
drowned out by the cacophony of other callers.

I have lost quite a few multipliers due to my impatience or
stubbornness or whatever it is and that HURTS, but I cannot in good consience
count Q's that I do not consider complete.

bill   73   KB3LIX