Re: [CQ-Contest] How to Confirm a QSO

To: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to Confirm a QSO
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:02:52 +0000
On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com> wrote:

Here is how I confirm a contest QSO on SSB and the simple exchanges
> contests...
>
> Me...... JA1xxx 59 26....
>
> Him....  59 25 ....
>
> Me... 25 HS0ZCW
>
> I repeat his zone number and my call sign instead of saying Thanks or
> Confirmed, or I Got It or other useless info.
>
> Speaking a two digit number takes less time than Thank You and is a hell of
> a lot more useful.

I suggest it's not more useful.

1. If the other guy hears your "25" wrong, he is going to get all bent out
of shape and try to "correct" you.

2. Thank you is a standard acknowledgement. Even if the other guy only gets
part of it, he'll know you are QSLing the contact.

73,

Hank, W6SX