Re: [CQ-Contest] How to Confirm a QSO

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to Confirm a QSO
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:15:26 -0700
About sending "TU" to confirm a QSO.  I often do it - and it's always nice
to be polite.  However, it can create problems on CW.

During the CW NAQP - I actually heard and exchange that was like this (I
forget the actual name used):

TUBOB CA

NAME TUBOB?

RR

I am sure that the name was "BOB".  Just important to put enough space in
there to make it clear it isn't part of the name.

There was a station using the name TUCK in the NAQP as well - and about
half the logs ended up with "CK" as the name.

I am getting more and more comfortable sending the other guys callsign when
S&Ping as N6RO has been doing for awhile now.  I always like to hear this
as the CQing station - just to be 100 percent sure that you were calling me
and not someone on an adjacent channel that I can't hear.

Tree N6TR