Re: [CQ-Contest] Avoiding spotting other stations on your run frequency

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Avoiding spotting other stations on your run frequency
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 10:03:32 -0600
It is an easy mistake to make especially in the heat of the contest.

Mike W0MU

On 11/1/2013 4:17 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
Nobody *should*, Joe, but misteaks happen. I posted that in response to an off-reflector message during CQWWSSB saying that a number of such spots were being made. If you are using stored messages in any mode, even so much as a stored CQ, then the normal operating sequence will ensure that you switch to Run mode and the program will not spot Run QSOs.

As a further safeguard, the Spot All S&P QSOs configuration is not "sticky" - you have to manually select it each time you start MM. My guess is that the folks who did this did not understand the program very well - hence my message.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.