[CQ-Contest] Whither not just Africa

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Whither not just Africa
From: Mark <markzl3ab@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 13:47:16 +1300
The comments made about stations not listening for Africa can be equally
applied to VK/ZL. It makes for a very frustrating experience when you can
hear a lot of stations who clearly cannot hear you, generally because they
are not beaming your way.  In a similar vein because so many stations do
not listen anymore we are extremely reliant on cluster spots to start and
keep runs going.

I know with the CQ WW points system running is king and there is little
incentive to regularly beam away from your nearest big 3 point continent,
(I say regularly as I know you must make at least one effort to work a
station in each zone/country), but it would be nice if more stations
remembered from time to time that the contest is not just about NA and EU
working each other.

Although I am merely stating what in my experience is a fact of life, I
have donned my flameproof jacket in contemplation of the "just harden up"
"move to New England" and "build a bridge" emails this will undoubtedly
generate :-)

73
Mark ZL3AB