Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - Excessive Bandwidth

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - Excessive Bandwidth
From: Jeff Kinzli <kinzli@kinzlicoils.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 14:21:48 -0800
Its a great idea, Paul. As you know, the CQWW committee is using SDRs
around the world to collect spectrum audio and use it in the case of
adjudication of log checking (http://cqww.com/blog/?p=67).

I also record the whole contest so that I have my own recording of
what I heard, and on it are many examples of very poor audio.

As a contester who works hard to have a clean signal, I sometimes
wonder if thats actually a disadvantage, because others can get closer
to me than someone with poor audio, and essentially push me away if
they are wide.

Its one thing to have a poor adjustment, be told about it, and fix it
during the contest, its yet another to be that way every time, despite
being told about it, and never fix the problem.

As you suggest, if enough people logged a station as having poor
audio, then it would be an objective way for the contest committee to
investigate and adjudicate those that choose to continue with poor
audio.

73 de N6GQ, YN2AA