Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - Excessive Bandwidth

To: "'Rick Kiessig'" <kiessig@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - Excessive Bandwidth
From: <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 07:58:15 -0600
WIDE or any characters won't work in contests where the
exchange is always numeric, where letters are expected
to be cut numbers and not text.

I discovered this in the Ukraine contest this past weekend
when I complained that the cut numbers did not work in
that exchange field, only to be reminded that the UR station's
exchange is their character oblast abbreviation, so cut numbers
could not be translated in the exchange field!  Duh!

Barry, EI/W5GN