Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID

To: w2lc@twcny.rr.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID
From: <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 08:33:57 -0800
Now that I have joined the single digit contesting community, for the
first time in at least 10 years I have entered a log in the SS contest.

What? You have never heard of single digit contesting? Go down to the
basement and while Barry the cat jumps on your lap for his nightly
combing, turn on the rig to whatever frequency is already tuned to and
wait. If a CQing contest station actually comes on frequency, work him.

Contest over.

BE SURE to enter your log, putting in the name "single digit contesting"
for your club entry (this confuses most contest chairman)

Entering in high power division keeps the score down, an added feature of
single digit contesting.

Now finish up with sending a paper QSL to the lucky chap who landed on
your frequency.

Of course some single digit contesters who don't have cats to comb will
actually tune around looking for the loudest slowest open frequency CQ
before pulling the transmit switch..........

And yes there is a single digit contesting WEB site, look it up on
google.

So, until CQWW

mike w7dra