Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 09:44:06 -0800
>I don't have that problem with K2DB or K2NNY, after every Q we send TU K2DB
>or TU K2NNY, no one ever asks us for our call sign.  :-)

That is a very good strategy.  Doesn't take a lot of time and we always know
who you are.

On the other hand, there are some that say "QSL tu de x0xxx qrz test'. That
gets just as frustrating as not knowing the call.

It needs to be played by ear.  I'm no big gun by any means, but once in a
while I do get a run going and I'll use the 'esc' key for a few Q's just to
send 'tu' and stop sending, and wait for the next call.  Never more than 2
or 3 though.  I think ZD8Z has the right idea - call only!  73
Tom W7WHY