Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Running ID
From: "Paul Mackanos - K2DB" <k2db@k2db.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:24:09 -0500
It's real easy and it upsets them, call them when they reply, ask for their
call sign before you give them the exchange, if they don't give it to you,
keep asking, over and over, it slows down their rate really fast.
I don't have that problem with K2DB or K2NNY, after every Q we send TU K2DB
or TU K2NNY, no one ever asks us for our call sign.  :-)
Why worry about rates and not IDing, at the end hours of any contest,
stations are BEGGING for Q's, including K2DB or K2NNY
Anyway, with the skimmer network and CW mode, calling CQ and running is
getting less important, may times the rate is faster using the control up &
control down arrows to grab the cluster spots  :-)
You do need a balance of when to CQ and when to pounce for best results.
Times are changing !!
Just my .02 worth
Paul K2DB