Re: [CQ-Contest] Does Using ViewProp Make You Assisted

To: Ken Widelitz <widelitz@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Does Using ViewProp Make You Assisted
From: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:44:28 +0000 (GMT)
With this sort of thing we need to ask ourselves, that whilst not specifically
excluded by the wording of the rules, is it within the spirit of the rules
pertaining to 'Assistance'?

As a traditional single op I would not feel comfortable using such a tool,
whilst callsigns and frquencies may be excluded there is still the facility to
see which paths are open plus the ability to see openings on other bands. Such
a facility would cause me to make decisions I would not otherwise have made and
probably give me an advantage over other single ops.

73 Brian 5B4AIZ / C4Z.