Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills
From: "Mark Beckwith" <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:45:12 -0600
When a "Sunday driver" guy calls me in the contest from DJ and  sends me
5901 instead of 5914, that clearly is wrong. You're saying that I should log
it as 5901 and not make the correction?

I suppose if you log a Sunday driver guy in Germany as being in zone 1 without double checking by asking something like, "are you in Germany?" you pretty much deserve what you have coming. You can't expect the sponsor to regulate common sense or intelligence.

I certainly know what I would do, but that falls under the heading "secrets of the trade."

Remember, too, that Randy's comment affects people who don't listen to what the other guy is actually transmitting. You obviously would have had to have been listening to what the other guy was transmitting in order to even wonder about this. Which is a good thing.

Listening = good.  Not listening = bad.

73 - Mark, N5OT