Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

To: Ken McCormack <zl1aih@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:27:59 -0600
That depends. If the receiving station heard the callsign, then the callsign
was sent, even if people who came late to the frequency didn't hear it.

An example:

qrz, w1xyz
 (vy2zm and g3tuc are now listening and know who is on frequency. (IOW, they've
heard w1xyz send his call))
vy2zm
vy2zm 599 05
599 05
tu
g3tuc
g3tuc 599 05
599 14
tu
k1zz
k1zz 599 05
CL?
w1xyz
r w1xyz 599 05

In my book, all three QSOs are legit. Everybody received w1xyz's call.

Am I right?

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone