[CQ-Contest] Automation = freedom from non-essential tasks

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Automation = freedom from non-essential tasks
From: jpescatore@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 05:10:48 -0500 (EST)
Two sided coin - I haven't had to shift the transmission in my car for a long
time, but I don't think that is really an essential skill.

Ditto using matches to start my grill, a hand saw to cut firewood, a pencil to
write a memo, pulling a cord to start my boat's engine, etc.

My grandfather used to talk about cranking his car to start it, having to stir
peanut butter before you could spread it.

Technology, for better or worse, tends to redefine "essential" skills.

Of course, every time there is a busted spot and I hear 100 callingS9=20  BY5W
I flip the coin back to the loss of essential skills side...

John K3TN