[CQ-Contest] Did I submit my log?

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Did I submit my log?
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:22:41 -0600
CQ has been improving their website over the years, making it even "more excellent"! It is prudent to check their "Logs Received" webpage to make certain you sent your log. But more important, it verifies CQ actually RECEIVED it for processing! Last year, in a different contest, I "thought" I sent in a 1.5-million point log. I had not! That oversight was a huge disappointment in my contest experience last year. I've been paying closer attention to the details this year.

Here is the link to check whether your log has been received: http://www.cqww.com/logs_received_cw.htm

Check it now!

On another note... I become curious regarding how many QSO partners in my CQWW CW log had turned in their log. So I programmed an Excel workbook to give me the answer. You can download a copy from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9wujl9yqoh7bkrr/hMXXUkGWSy

Look for the file named *Audit Calls Worked Log Analyzer - Rev 0.1.1.xls* While you are there, you might want to download the most current CQWW DX Log Analyzer, which provides a variety of other worksheets. I might merge these two tools together in the future.

The new tool is a simple three click process:

First, you import your Cabrillo log from the "Reports" worksheet using the "Import Log 1" button.

Next, you move to the "Calls" worksheet where you use the "Click to import CQ Web" button. That action will retrieve the entire submitted CW logs list from the CQWW website. The list will be pasted into the CQWW-CW worksheet.

The final step is to click the "Click to generate UNIQUE List" on the "Calls" worksheet. This will create the list of unique call signs found in your Cabrillo file. It will then show you which bands you worked each station and indicate if your QSO partner has submitted their log by setting their call sign in bold.

I just ran this tool with my log and found *6,312* CW logs have been received by CQ, that I had *606* unique call signs in my log, and *458* of those stations have already submitted their log. That is a 75% "Hit rate".

Please let me know if you try this tool and find any problems.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN