Re: [CQ-Contest] Towards a critical examination of the 2-point rule in C

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Towards a critical examination of the 2-point rule in CQWW
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:37:56 -0500
So how about awarding one point for intra country QSOs involving a different zone.

73 Rich NN3W

On 11/28/2013 10:37 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
I stopped reading this when you lumped NA and SA to make up for the number of EU countries. EU is nearly 4 million sq miles while NA alone is nearly 10 million Sq miles.

What happens to the multipliers when you lump in Africa with EU, which to me is the same as lumping in SA with NA.

CQ WW will never be scored "fairly" from a geographic standpoint. Why do people go to PJ and 9Y land? for 3 pointers plain and simple. If there were more 3 point Caribbean islands you would see more of them activated.

Some randomly drawn lines created these imbalances.