Re: [CQ-Contest] What rig to choose for a one-time fieldday MM setup?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What rig to choose for a one-time fieldday MM setup?
From: Steef <steefpa3s@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 13:45:35 +0100
The TS590 is "as bad as they come", on the "up conversion" bands.
I have used it in the CQ WW multi radio environment on 10 while extreem
conditions on 10 (2011?) and it is useless! No way you can make out even one
station on a complete 10 meter band. Just one big noise.
Powerspikes 200 w+ on begin transmission!
PEP of 10 watt Max in SSB.

I would not even consider this radio.
Unlike a "EK3" ( K3 Extra Kaal zelf bouw ;-)

An EK is the best P.P. ratio possible.

73

Steef