Re: [CQ-Contest] What rig to choose for a one-time fieldday MM setup?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What rig to choose for a one-time fieldday MM setup?
From: Steef <steefpa3s@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 17:37:13 +0100
No, 3 different NEW TS590 owned.

In SO2R, next to a FT1000MP, and now SO2R FT1000MP and K3.

I love the receiver on the TS590 in the down conversion, and the DNR on the
TS590. Bud the up conversion bands, powerspikes and PEP power are worst case
scenario. In a "MULTI RADIO - MULTI OP" set up.

But hé, that is just my opinion. I could be wrong:-)

73

Steef

> Op 1 dec. 2013 om 15:48 heeft Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com> het volgende
> geschreven:
>
> Yes, the TS-590 was a very worthless radio on 10 meters in CQWW CW last
> weekend:
>
> N2IC    1560    33    125    24    670,394
>
> #2 claimed score in USA. Highest QSO total of any USA.
>
> And in CQWW SSB:
>
> http://www.3830scores.com/showrumor.php?arg=u9aHzOfcivmmR
>
> #1 claimed score in USA. 1698 QSO's on 10 meters.
>
> Something is seriously broken on the TS-590 that you used.
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC
>
>> On 12/01/2013 05:45 AM, Steef wrote:
>> The TS590 is "as bad as they come", on the "up conversion" bands.
>> I have used it in the CQ WW multi radio environment on 10 while extreem
>> conditions on 10 (2011?) and it is useless! No way you can make out even one
>> station on a complete 10 meter band. Just one big noise.
>> Powerspikes 200 w+ on begin transmission!
>> PEP of 10 watt Max in SSB.
>>
>> I would not even consider this radio.
>> Unlike a "EK3" ( K3 Extra Kaal zelf bouw ;-)
>>
>> An EK is the best P.P. ratio possible.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> Steef
>>
>>> Op 1 dec. 2013 om 11:25 heeft "PA5MW, Mark"<pa5mw@home.nl>  het volgende
>>> geschreven:
>>>
>>> Exactly!
>>> Thank you Chet.
>>>
>>> Based on  real live experience feedback here and to my personal mail:
>>>
>>> 1) K3
>>> 2) TS590