Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ160ssb report

To: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam@hotmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ160ssb report
From: "Jeff Blaine" <jeff@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:04:10 -0600
Dale,

Bands here were not great either but my experience was pretty good. I run 99.9% of the time on CW/RTTY and the SSB contest this weekend turned out to be a blast. For a domestic contest, a KS location is pretty good and there's not too many 160m ops here so I had an easy time running.

The static conditions were very miserable Friday night but better on Saturday. And I had the able assistance of my 2-year-old running around in the background attempting to help with each exchange. Lot of 6/7 guys in the log although signals generally speaking were weaker from that direction than the east coast. 5s and 4s were booming in here both nights.

This really made up for all those lonely nights when I can hear the east coast guys working DX that are below the ether level here in the midwest. Only 2 DX in my log here so we are not breaking any records either.

GOod luck.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie