Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB
From: Yuri Blanarovich <k3bu@optimum.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 08:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

 On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 07:17 AM, Stan Stockton wrote:

 > > How can Russians issue Ukranian ITU allocated callsigns???? UB????

Yuri - So you think UB7K is a Ukrainian call sign according to ITU allocation? Double check that before you make statements about people displaying their ignorance.

I took K4JRB word for it, but after checking latest ITU allocation I see that UB block now "belongs" to Russian Federation. Sorry for mistake.

K4JRB:  "UB5K is a proper call sign for Ukraine according the ITU call sign block."

This should not have anything to do with who lost lives, the United Nations, world politics or what your personal opinion is of Vladimir Putin.

"Brilliant"

It has to do with existing regulations, LICENSING and people lives and support or resistance to lawless terrorist acts.

73 Yuri, K3BU