Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB
From: Steve IK4WMH <ik4wmh@virgilio.it>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 20:16:25 +0200
Hello Paul,

Sunday, October 19, 2014, 11:23:02 PM, you wrote:

POK> in major contests I work all callers. It's not my responsibility,
POK> either as a casual or serious entrant, to identify pirates.

I do the same, if P5RS7 shows up in contest I'll try to work him.

POK> I don't have a solution to the Crimea issue - but neither has
POK> anyone else.

Personally I think at this time the Crimea case should be treated
exactly as the Northern Cyprus case.

A piece of a sovereign state invaded by troups from a foreign state,
internationally recognized by that foreign state only with the
majority of the residents unilaterally declaring independency.

As far as I know the stations identifying themselves with a 1B prefix
don't count for DXCC program nor they give you a new multiplier or
even just a few points in major contests.

This doesn't mean I won't work those callers in contest but I won't
blame CQWW Committee for removing those QSO's from my log.

I have worked a few 1B in the past and will work UB7K and any other
stations from Crimea in the next contests...maybe it won't happen
during the next weekend since I don't like SSB contesting too much.

Steve IK4WMH