Re: [CQ-Contest] more on Crimea discussion: Kosovo is not = Crimea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] more on Crimea discussion: Kosovo is not = Crimea
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:43:35 -0400
I don't think it relevant at all for ham radio purposes. The Republic of
Amateur Radio is not a nation state and therefore it and its constituents
are incapable of recognizing or withholding recognition from any nation.
For our own purposes we give credit for contests and awards to many
entities that aren't recognized by any nation whatsoever.  But as a point
of factual information, 108 of the 193 U.N. member states recognize Kosovo.

73,  Dave K3ZJ