Re: [CQ-Contest] Caliphate of ISIS in CQWW SSB

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Caliphate of ISIS in CQWW SSB
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 15:46:20 -0400
How about a compromise: let Crimean hams op with whatever prefix they must, but
Crimea still counts for Ukraine?

I don't believe anybody's point is that Crimean hams should be kept off the air
or be excluded from WW. It's certainly not my point.

But if every lawmaking authority in the world, save for Russia and perhaps some
tinpot dictatorships seeking favour with Russia, maintains that Russian
occupation of Crimea is illegal, thus not affecting Ukraine's rightful claim to
Crimea, who are we to argue? We're just a bunch of hobbyists.

When Saddam seized Kuwait, would we have let a ham pretend to be in Iraq?

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone