Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Reconsiders Policy on Crimea in CQ Contests.

To: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Reconsiders Policy on Crimea in CQ Contests.
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 06:42:55 -0500
Brian,

Everyone has an opinion.  Your minority opinion appears to be based on some
vision of the CQ Committee being equivalent to the United Nations or USA
government, Andy on the same level as Vladimir Putin and the event itself being
the equivalent of the Olympics - with the whole ordeal playing out on the
nightly TV news.

In my opinion the overwhelming majority of people in this world have a blank
stare on their face when mention is made of amateur radio, the CQ Contest has
absolutely zero relevance in world affairs and it would be borderline pompous
for the CQ Committee to in effect put sanctions on a group of contesters
because of the actions of the Russian government.

Someone asked before.... What would be the goal and who is to benefit?

Telling someone who has a multi multi station that they can still get on and
make contacts and "have fun" even though their log will be thrown out
immediately upon submission and all contacts with them will be removed from
other station's logs is equivalent to rubbing salt in a wound.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad