Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 21:30:09 +0300
Anyone is free to decide which contest to operate or not.

Just keep in mind that the type of mistake you describe, statistically will
hit most participants equally. If I work 2000 contacts in RDXC and 5
stations QSL my call correctly, but type it wrong, I am pretty sure that
not much more than 5 stations will do the same mistake in case K4XS also
works 2000 contacts. The error rate will equalize itself and none of us
will suffer more than then other.

However, if I run all my contacts with 50 WPM, I can be sure that this type
of mistakes will be huge - hence one needs to adapt speed to the ability of
the individuall operators. This is the key to success in RDXC.

The choice to work RDXC is yours, but you may make the wrong decision if
you are serious about qualifying to WRTC 2018!

73 de RM2D, Mats