Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP

To: k9nw@qth.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP
From: <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:50:23 -0800
notwithstanding that i can't determine if i have a valid contest qso
without extraneous comments given on both sides..........in order for me
to verify a valid QSO I need comments like (tnx; tu; fb copy; mike, you
are drifting please check your VR tubes; etc)

things in life go up and down, just read the book "Debt, the first 5000
years":

think sun spots, Roman conquest for arable land, hamburgers

we contesters are on a path of no return..............code speed times
number of characters sent cannot continue to shrink unless more
processing is allowed. Pretty soon we will have our computers making
contacts in milliseconds, then automatically editing the whole contest
into a video that we watch with our grand kids in the living room eating
popcorn and drinking diet coke.

now we have an OSCAR type red carpet with each potential winner operator
walking down a red carpet with a starlit on each arm

Women whose brain fortunately is attached to their necks instead of
somewhere else will have long since left contesting.

mike w7dra

and i challenge anyone to come out to the premiere Pacific Northwest 160
Meter Contest Super Station and work a contest without added characters
in the exchange