Re: [CQ-Contest] If this were a contest............

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] If this were a contest............
From: "Yan (XV4Y)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:04:23 +0700
Hi Charly,

I got them on 15, 12 and 10m CW with 100w to a dipole.
Never spend more than 15 minutes on each band.
If I know it's not the right moment, I just go for something else.

You should try to work them when propagation disfavor other places, even if
it's not the best for you.
For me, that means best time around 11am local time (sun between me and JA) or
3pm (around sunset in JA).
They were S9+10dB, but some of their operators have different operating
patterns than I am used to, and it takes me some time to understand their
rhythm and where they listen.

I worked many DXpedition this way, given there is propagation of course!
I got FT4TA on two bands SSB, but this time I knew the operator pattern very
well as it was F4BVK (great op).

Very few operators do selective calls for SEA or Oceania, they just call JA.
>From the number of stations in the area, that makes sense too, you would not
>expect them making selective calls to Spain, UK or California only...

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y