[CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE.
From: <ve9dx@nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:13:03 -0400
As some of you are aware -
Let me start by saying this all came to a head when I received an email from
NW2K advising me of the up coming SSB Sprint.
At that time I went to the announced Web Page and read the rules.  To my
surprise Hawaii was added (not a big deal).  Actually I am for anything that
builds interest.
But when I went through the rules -  Rule 7 and 10 become questionable. In one
breath I am seeing send Province and another say no no no.
I personally had all intentions of getting on but when I went to announce my
interest I could not enter NB -  At that time I lost interest FAST.
At that time I fired off an email to those involved and quickly heard back from
several.  A couple indicating action will be done but not in time for  this one
which I certainly understand.
For the record I was a very active contester. Like many of you back in the 70's
and 80's I had to be loud.  You know the 8877 the mono banders and all that
good stuff.  No days - living on a small lot things have changed - most of the
time no more  than 50 watts and a HFV9.
Now days I make it a point to try and get on and provide a few points to you
all.  Nothing more.
Have to tell you - it's not fun trying to explain MAR thus I indicated I would
not be taking part. I do know of others considering the same.  So others are
going to have to step up to the plate.  Personally I hope they do - Time will
tell.
This has been an ongoing discussion between others with myself for almost 50
years.
I should point out that my issues were pointed out to those involved in the SSB
Sprint hours before VE9AA stepped up.  Mike had no idea of my comments being
sent to the group and actually I didn't know Mike's either.
As for NW2K I was very pleased he tried to increase interest.  A real team
asset. (Thanks of behalf of all for your support).
Above all - Keep in mind this is only a hobby.
Would like to point out - a couple points. Each of the Provinces involved - do
have there own seperate Government - own Capital - own Flag.  Yes I give you -
the ham population may not be high but I can't tell you how many times over the
years I missed the likes of ME, RI, DE and yes even KS and NE.  Guess what I am
saying is ham population should not be considered. Its up to all of us - like
NW2K to talk up contests and if there are issues - speak to those involved to
have those issues considered.
And remember its only a hobby...!
73 Andy   VE9DX
Ex: VE1ASJ VE1DX VE8CW VO2AB
as well as having operated CY0SPI VE1SPI HP9FC ZD9BP and many others.