Re: [CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE.

To: Andy McLellan <ve9dx@nb.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE.
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:48:57 -0500
Hey Andy!

Glad to see you comment on CQ-Contest.

Andy and I are friends from way back, and co-ops on the VE1SPI and CY0SPI
Dxpeditions...

If at all possible, let's make the Provinces the multiplers in as many
contests as possible.

Andy points out the low ham population -- this should be an INCENTIVE to
get on for a contest -- MAR is the exact opposite -- Why get on if some
other MAR is on.

There are a few big guns in the Maritimes.  If they get on, with the MAR
multiplier, it is a dis-incentive to the rest of the guys.

IF their is a possibility of changing MAR to the Provinces, I would
encourage contest organizers to do so!

73,

Gerry W1VE, VE1RM, VY2CDX, VO1WIN  etc...