Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Proper Cabrillo mult for PR, VI, etc in NA Sprint

To: "Jim Vaughan, K4TXJ" <k4txj@arrl.net>,"Tim Shoppa" <tshoppa@gmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Proper Cabrillo mult for PR, VI, etc in NA Sprints?
From: "N4XM Paul D. Schrader" <n4xm@iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 20:40:58 -0500
Jim,

Yes.  I did see this.  This guy doesn't understand that if he tried to edit
the Cabrillo file before sending it in, that he can't even put in ANYTHING
he wants because the multiplier is not even in the Cabrillo file. and it
won't make any difference.  Another alternative is to "satisfy" the
multiplier data presently in his program so he can "run" his program.

Or he can change his program's existing data (sometimes called the
country.dat file) to what he wants to put in, to get his contest program to
"function" for send in.

However ANY (wrong or right) information can be used as a multiplier since
the contest guru not only doesn't use it, IT IS NOT EVEN IN THE CABRILLO FILE.

Clear??????

Just another example of the defective Cabrillo system, and how ANY data can
be used.

Correct multiplier data is not required.  Don't even bother to try and get
it.  Correct or wrong makes no difference.

Don't believe me?  Try and find the multiplier identified in the Cabrillo
send in file.  You'll find call letters of the worked station, but no
multiplier identification.

73

Paul  N4XM