Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Technology - Phone Skimmer Nears Beta Test

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Technology - Phone Skimmer Nears Beta Test
From: Tod <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 09:51:10 -0600
I record using an iPhone app, ALON Dictation . It produces recordings that have
very low noise and are free of distortion. I move those snippets to a computer
and process them with Audacity. I can now remove "silence" and adjust the
recorded waveform to a specific amplitude.

Since Audacity permits adding two separate snippets, I have generated a
collection of snippet building blocks. E.g ,  QSO, QSL, QRZ, Your, Power,
State, and so forth.

Then I  generate and save the audio phrases I need for a particular Contest. I
use the highest bit rate to get the best rendition of the phrases.

All of this takes time --- once !

All phrases are inspected to assure no artifacts and limited peak audio power.
They are also listened to as part of the inspection process.

This method does not necessarily solve the need for dynamic change of the audio
message. In the logging program I use, however, audio messages can be modified
on the fly. I simply concatenate pre-recorded audio phrases or snippets to get
the dynamic change I want.

The procedure preceding is only of interest to people whose ego demands the
best signal possible from their station and call sign.

Sent from my iPhone 6