Re: [CQ-Contest] Excessive Bandwidth Rule was: Re: Suggestion for Cabril

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Excessive Bandwidth Rule was: Re: Suggestion for Cabrillo --...
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 11:05:13 -0700
On Fri,4/10/2015 5:59 PM, K4XS via CQ-Contest wrote:
Some use the dirty signal as a shield,  and use it  to keep the adjacent
frequencies clear.  Nobody like to be close to a dirty  signal.  In fact there
is a notorious W1 who seems to be able to turn his  clicks on and off at
will to "clear up" his frequency.

Living out west, I don't know who you're talking about. You would do all of us a service by outing him.

The second group has a different attitude...denial.  "I paid  $6000 for
this rig and you tell me I have a dirty signal".  Yep, you  spent all that
money and don't have a clue how to set up your audio so it  doesn't sound like
manure.

I think you've exactly hit the mark with this, Bill. I've started telling guys with bad audio that "it's so bad that they sound like South Americans." And I don't care of the South Americans with lousy audio get the message that THEY need to fix theirs! :)

73, Jim K9YC