Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW check logs

To: <ko7ss@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW check logs
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 14:01:51 -0000
The concept of CHECKLOG has existed for many years.  It is a log that is
submitted to help the log checking process, but the entrant does not want their
score to be included in the results.

>From the CQ WW rules at http://www.cqww.com/rules.htm

"V. ENTRY CATEGORIES:
D. Checklog: Entry submitted to assist with the log checking. The entry will
not have a score in the results and the log will not be made public."

You enter this category by using
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: CHECKLOG
in your Cabrillo file.

Most contests accept Checklogs.

The Checklog category has been used by some contest administrators as a place
to "park" logs that don't meet the rules for some reason.  That is not a
practice used by the current CQWW administration.

Randy, K5ZD