Re: [CQ-Contest] Unsung hero's of CQWW CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Unsung hero's of CQWW CW
From: Marc - ON7SS - OO9O <on7ss.oo9o@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 17:37:11 +0200
I must agree with Steve here.

The DQ and warnings are less then 0.5 % of the participants.
What about the 99.5 % that did it right.

73  Marc, ON7SS - OO9O

*Amateur Radio Station*

*ON7SS - OO9O*

*Marc Domen*

*UBA HF Contest Manager*

http://www.uba.be <http://www.uba.be/>

http://www.on7ss.be <http://www.on7ss.be/>

Steve London schreef op 14/05/2015 om 15:55:
In all of this talk about UT5UGR/TO7A, we are overlooking some really phenomenal, legitimate scores and records in the CQWW CW results.

Having a personal bias for my favorite category, I will just highlight some new records in the USA, Single-Op, All Band categories. I encourage others to do the same for other categories.

Single-Op, High Power:

New W8 record: N8AA. Great job by John with a relatively modest antenna farm. This surpasses the 22 year old W8 record previously set by N9RV, operating from KN8Z. Without getting into details, I'll just say that John is no young whippersnapper, making this new record all the more impressive !

New W3 record: LZ4AX operating from K3CR. Another great job by Alex, and a new USA record !

New W7 record: N9RV/7. While no longer holding the W8 record, Pat now has solid ownership of the W7 record.

New W9 record: Mike, W9RE, beats his own 14 year old record !

New W0 record: Randy, K0EU, ousts the 14 year old record of N2IC/0. Great job !

New W5 record: Steve, N2IC, takes back the W5 record.

Single-Op, Low Power:

New W1 record: Congrats to Bob, WA1Z on the new record, with a substantial margin over previous record-holder N1UR, who now owns an amplifier.

New W5 record: Congrats to low-power veteran Marv, N5AW. Marv has the top 4 all-time low power scores in the 5th call area, all set in the past 4 years.

New W9 record: Terry, N4TZ/9, beats his own record. Excellent !

Single-Op, QRP:

New W1 record: Dave, N1IX, beats his own 2013 record !

New W7 record: Gary, N7IR, a QRP regular, sets a new record, beating the 26 year old NX7K record. Gary has a very modest antenna farm on a city lot.

Give these guys a pat on the back in the Contest Supersuite !

73,
Steve, N2IC