[CQ-Contest] WPX Leading Zero Plea

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Leading Zero Plea
From: "Mike Wetzel" <w9re@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 18:07:15 -0400
Not to start a debate but for those that don't want to send leading zeroes
in their QSO number in the upcoming WPX Contest figure now how to turn
"leading zeroes" off.  Personally I dislike leading zeroes.  It sometimes
results in errors on my part.  For example if someone sends "017" and there
is some QRN/QRM I question was it really "117".  Also it takes more time to
add the "00"'s to every number sent.   Some argue that they like leading
zeroes as placeholders but with many stations in the 1000's I don't think I
have ever heard "0009" sent.  JMTC