Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP cheating

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP cheating
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 11:30:10 -0600
 let's face it "4.7 watts to any good
antenna has considerable limitations on 160 meters. Just try it sometime.

I have... and will again...
WAS in one weekend on 160... QRP!
NOT with a 4 sq either... but with ONE short vertical of 40 ft height.

limitations? YES.. not being heard by a whole herd of folks that couldn't
hear nearly as much as they were covering up with their own LOUD TX.

I'm just sayin.. what my own experience has been. And I expect not a whit
of change next time either, except the propagation changes, and THAT, only
One controls.

(much to our dismay, at times)
Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy