Re: [CQ-Contest] Modified Proposed Rule Changes

To: <k5zd@charter.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Modified Proposed Rule Changes
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 18:01:59 -0400
Randy,

Thank you for that clarification.

I would humbly suggest that going forward, if you want to have the
recordings available for log checking, that a section be added to the "IX.
General Rules" section that states something like this:

11.  Recordings.  The committee may choose to request that a competitor
record his contest operating for future reference.  The log of any
competitor that is asked to do so and declines may be reclassified as a
check log or is otherwise deemed ineligible for awards consideration.  Any
competitor so notified shall retain the recording for a period of 1 calendar
year from the end of the contest period, and make it available to the
committee on request at any time during that period.

A statement something like this removes the ambiguity, and makes the
situation very clear.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

73, ron w3wn