Re: [CQ-Contest] VHF Contest - Self Spotting

To: <w1ve@yccc.org>, "'CQ-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VHF Contest - Self Spotting
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:35:05 -0400
“The changes will permit assistance in arranging contacts, but not in
conducting contacts. They will, for example, allow a station to announce its
location in a chat room, on a repeater, or even via e-mail.” – From the ARRL
Rules Change

Seems to me that the QSOs need to stay entirely possible after the announcing
of its “station location”.  What does that mean actually?  Frequency and grid
square and callsign?  So the only thing left to exchange is the “other guy’s”
info.  Right?   There is no allowance in the rules for spotting “W1VE I am
calling you from grid square FN34 - do your hear me? – N1UR” is there?

Lets hope those hard QSOs stay hard, the right way, regardless of how much
enthusiasm for increasing VHF activity there is.

N1UR