Re: [CQ-Contest] seeking 9band bandpass filter unit

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] seeking 9band bandpass filter unit
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:09:29 -0700
On Mon,7/20/2015 3:53 PM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
I too would like to dabble my toe in the SO2R waters, but not at $2000+ to
get it here to Canada.

Bob Henderson, 5B4AGN, has designed at least two very nice sets of bandpass filters based on W3NQN designs. One set covers the contesting bands, and uses a motherboard in an enclosure to house six filters on plug-in daughterboards. He puts together kits every year or so. Last I looked, cost was on the order of U$450, complete with custom built enclosures. Cost varies a bit with country (mostly shipping) and details of what options you want. The set includes a band decoder with drivers for antenna switching relays.

A year or so ago, Bob designed a new set of filters to also cover the WARC bands, primarily for use by DXpeditions. They are on the same daughterboards, so are interchangeable with the 6-band enclosures, but are primarily used in individual enclosures, one filter per band. The 9-band set is designed with improved adjacent band rejection as compared to the original 6-band filters, and I'm building the improved filters for 20, 15, and 10 to replace those in my 6-band sets.

I don't think Bob is doing a 9-band daughterboard and enclosure.

For more info, google TXBPF. In addition to Bob's site, it will find this.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/BandpassFilterSurvey.pdf

73, Jim K9YC